Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures in 2021
Everyone wants to look young and beautiful; therefore, the popularity of different cosmetic procedures is increasing day by day. Today, it is possible to manage virtually any problem with various surgical and non-surgical methods.
We have interviewed a doctor from TorontoBotox to find out about the most popular cosmetic procedures. He named the following:
- Botox injections
- Lip fillers
- Laser hair removal
- Chemical peels
Detailed information on these procedures is provided further in this article.
1. Botox Injection
Botox is the most popular solution used in facial treatments. It is known for the ability to hide wrinkles on the face thanks to the botulinum toxin in its formula.
Botox can be applied to different areas of the face, such as:
- under the eyes
Generally, effects from Botox last for about 3-4 months. However, their duration depends on a variety of factors, such as the area where Botox is applied. In highly movable zones, the result from the Botox procedure lasts for a shorter time. Also, the effects from the first treatment may not last as long as the outcomes of the second course.
The cost of treatment with Botox ranges between $300 and $1,200. The price is influenced by many factors, for example, location. In particular, it is cheaper to have such procedures in Canada than in the United States.
Injections with Botox are fully safe if conducted by an experienced specialist. They are accessible for everyone aged 18-65 years, provided the person does not have an allergy to this product.
2. Lip Fillers
Such solutions are used for lip augmentation. Thanks to them, lips get increased fullness. Fillers are not the only options when it comes to the enhancement of this part of the body. Other options include fat or implants. Fillers come in the form of injections, and they can be administered into one or both lips.
The following are the most popular fillers used for lip plumping:
- Juvederm. Different products from this brand are suitable for filling the lips, including Ultra XC and Volbella. They are both based on hyaluronic acid, which is a safe and effective component for managing various face issues. The effects of both solutions are expected to last for about 12 months. The cost of the treatment with Juvederm is about $500-$600 for a single injection.
- Teosyal Kiss. This solution is highly effective for adding fullness to the lips. Considering that it is designed specifically for lips, it is great for various manipulations, including subtle changes. Its effect may also last up to 12 months.
- Restylane. It is another good filler used for different face zones, including lips. In particular, Restylane Silk can be chosen for this purpose. The injection cost ranges between $300 and $650. The effects of Restylane may last for about ten months.
Generally, the choice of options for enlarging lips is quite wide. It is recommended to consult a specialist who will help in choosing the best variant. The factors to consider when picking the right filler for your lips include the effect duration, costs, whether you need to apply the filler only to the lips, and others.
3. Laser Hair Removal
Lots of people need to get rid of undesirable hair in different zones. It is possible to do this by various methods. Using a laser for this purpose allows enjoying a range of benefits, such as:
- The results last for a long time.
- It is possible to get rid of undesired hair permanently.
- The procedure is actually painless.
To avoid unpleasant results due to incorrect uses, it is better to entrust this work to a specialist.
Hair removal procedures with a laser may apply to different zones. The most common ones include:
- upper lip
- bikini line
This procedure can be used for removing hair virtually in any zone. The only exceptions are the eyelids and the area surrounding them.
4. Cool Sculpting
This procedure belongs to medically necessary ones. It aims at reducing the amount of fat in different parts of the body. Being a non-surgical medical treatment, it is suitable for various patients. It is a great alternative to liposuction. The procedure is fully painless, and a patient can relax, watch TV, and do other things while having it. The fat removal is applied to a particular zone for about 35 minutes, followed by a massage.
The idea behind this method is very simple — the fat is frozen. This means that its cells simply die. After the procedure, they are absorbed by the body and then completely removed in a natural way.
The areas where this method can be applied include the following:
- inner thighs
- the sides of the waistline
- bra area
The price for this treatment depends on a set of factors and may range between $2,000 and $4,000 per procedure. Some patients require more than one procedure to get rid of undesired fat. It is possible to remove fat in several zones simultaneously.
5. Chemical Peels
Such treatments can help solve various problems with the skin. They work fine not only for the face but also for the neck and hands. Mainly, they are conducted for improving the appearance of the skin.
During the procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the zone that requires treatment. Eventually, the skin peels off. In essence, you are getting rid of the old skin. Instead of it, you will get a new one, which is much smoother and has fewer wrinkles.
In particular, chemical peels can solve the following problems:
- reduce fine lines located around the mouth and the area surrounding the eyes;
- decrease wrinkles caused by the sun or ageing;
- treat various types of acne;
- reduce multiple skin issues triggered by ageing, pregnancy, and medications, such as spots;
- make mild scars less visible;
- minimize freckles.
Also, such procedures generally improve the look of the skin. Various acids can be used for peeling the upper layer off, including the following:
However, peels will not manage the following problems:
- severe wrinkles
The best candidates for the treatment are fair-skinned patients with light hair. The average costs of chemical peels are about $650. The results may last from one month to forever. The most significant factor that determines the effectiveness is the potency of the solution applied to the skin. If a light solution is used, the result will last for a couple of months.