Antonio Rudiger (born 3 March 1993) is a German professional footballer, who plays as a center-back in the English Premier League club Chelsea and for the Germany National team.
Rudiger started his career with VfB Stuttgart, representing their reserve team in 3. Liga as well as the first team to play in the Bundesliga. In 2015, he signed with Roma initially on loan, and then the following year for the EUR9 million price. He was hired by Chelsea on the 17th of January for PS27 million. He was awarded the FA Cup in his first season. Then he won his first UEFA Europa League in his second season and then the UEFA Champions League in 2021.
He made his debut for the international team Germany in the month of May 2014. He was unable to attend UEFA Euro 2016 due to an injury that he suffered during the previous season, but it was his part in the team which took home this year’s FIFA Confederations Cup. He was kept in the team to participate in the 2018 World Cup, and later, he also participated in UEFA Euro 2020.
Antonio Rudiger Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Antonio Rudiger|
|Age||29 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Berlin, Germany|
|Date of Birth||03 March 1993|
|Residence||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Home Town||Berlin, Germany|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
Rudiger is an active Muslim. His birthplace was Berlin. The father of his son, Matthias is from Germany while his mother, Lily, was born in Sierra Leone. He is a half-brother to Sahr Senesie. Rudiger has frequently spoken out about racism in football especially following a match in which he played Tottenham Hotspur on 24 February 2020. He also published an article for the Players’ Tribune, titled “This Article Will Not Solve Racism in Football,” about the issue, and discussed his experiences in dealing with racism throughout his career and life as well as possible ways to tackle it.
The style of the game
Typically a center-back, Rudiger is an incredibly versatile defender that is also capable of playing as a full-back on either flank. As of 2015 ESPN called him “an an “a “…tall quick and athletic defensive player that is … at ease with the ball in his hands” and also describing Rudiger as an “interesting potential player” who “…has all the necessary physical attributes to become a top-level center-back.” His Chelsea profile also states that he is being a “tough tackler” and a “commanding presence in the air.” Alongside his formidable physical characteristics and aggressive style of play, he’s well-known for his leadership skills and ability to pass.
Rudiger was able to be a player for Germany as well as Sierra Leone, his mother’s home country, and was a part of several German national youth teams, including the Germany U21 squad.
He made his debut with the German national team’s senior squad on May 13th, 2014 in a 0-0 draw with Poland. While he was initially selected for Germany’s 23-man team for UEFA Euro 2016, Rudiger was later disqualified from the competition due to an injury after tearing an anterior cruciate ligament of his right knee in a training session on the 7th of June.
Rudiger played for the German national team which took home this year’s FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia. He was involved in four games during the tournament which included the 1-0 win against Chile at the end of the tournament. On October 8, 2017 he scored to his debut international goal in a 5-1 win at home against Azerbaijan at World Cup qualifying.
Rudiger was selected as part of Germany’s 23-man final roster of the 2018 FIFA World Cup on 4 June 2018. On June 23 Rudiger was named for the second stage game against Sweden as the first choice centre-back Mats Hummels suffered an injury and the match ended in a with a 2-1 win for Germany. The following day Rudiger was not able to play the final group stage game and Germany were beaten off to South Korea after a 2-0 loss. On the 19th of May, 2021 Rudiger made it into the national team for UEFA Euro 2020. He was a regular player in this tournament representing Germany when they were knocked out by England in the round of 16.
|Mother’s Name||Lily Rudiger Antonio Rudiger With His Family|
|Father’s Name||Matthias Rudiger|
|Brother(s)||Sahr Senesie (Half-brother) (Professional Soccer Player) Antonio Rudiger With His Brother And Sister In Law|
|Marital Status, Wife and Children|
|Marriage Date||In 2019|
|Children||Daughters- Name Not Available Sons- Djamal Sahr Rudiger|
|School||Antonio Rudiger has honed his game and his defensive abilities in the academy for youth that is part of German big dogs – VfB Stuttgart and Borussia Dortmund.|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Brands Endorsed||Antonio Rudiger has inked a personal endorsement agreement with Nike. The agreement requires him to wear Nike shoes for all of his matches at professional level.|
|Career Manager||Antonio Rudiger is represented by Alexander Bergweiler.|
|Debut Club||* 2017: Chelsea F.C. * 2015: A.S. Roma * 2012: VfB Stuttgart * 2011: VfB Stuttgart II|
|Debut International||2014. Germany National football team|
|Jersey Number||* 2 (Chelsea F.C.) *2 (Germany National Football Team)|
|Current Team(s)||* Chelsea F.C. * Germany national team for football|
|Strengths||* Tackling * Concentration * Speed * Heading * Versatility * Aerial Ability|
|Weaknesses||* Passing * Composure * Technical Ability|
|Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 190 cm in meters – 1.90 in meters- 1.90 in feet inches- 6’3″|
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg in pounds- 1187 lbs|
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
|Extra Ordinary Features|
|Race / Ethnicity||Multiracial. He is of African ancestral roots from his maternal side, and his father comes from German descent from his father’s line.|
|Distinctive Features||A tall and powerful presence|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||9 UK|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Food||Fast Food & Italian Food|
|Favorite Drinks||Tea & Coffee|
|Role Models||Sahr Senesie and Thiago Silva|
|Favorite Website||Twitter & Instagram|
|Favorite Musician/Music||Luis Fonsi|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
|Favorite Movie||Thor Series|
|Favorite Flowers||Red Rose|
On the 3rd of March 1993 Antonio Rudiger was born in Berlin, Germany. Neukolln the neighborhood of Neukolln, which is rough located in Berlin that is rife with crime was where he grew up.
Rudiger practices Islam. Berlin is the place where he was born. Matthias Rudiger’s father, Matthias, was born in Germany and Lily, his mom, Lily, was born in Sierra Leone. Matthias Rudiger and Lily Rudiger met in Berlin after they fled Sierra Leone in 1991 due to the bloody civil war.
To get to the top of the field in football, he had to endure difficulties and pain. He had a love of football and a passion for a good time while just a teenager. Sahr Senesie , his half brother. In Rudiger’s numerous speeches about racism in sports was one he gave following a match in which he played Tottenham Hotspur on 24 February 2020.
Ruddy began his journey towards professional sports at a old age of fifteen after he had developed his skills through street football. This enabled him to develop his talents, and helped him concentrate on his goals.
As a midfielder and a striker He was a professional footballer throughout eighteen seasons. Sometimes it was possible to use him as goalkeeper.
Dirk Jacob, his youth coach and mentor, will remember how Rudiger’s attitude changed the moment the kick-off whistled. He stood out from his fellow players due to his quiet and calm behaviour off the field. In the game, however, he appeared none other than calm and quiet. After his time in the youth league, VfB Stuttgart called. After four years of playing, he moved to Roma.
The Players Tribune released an article written by him titled “This Article Will Not Solve Racism in Football” in 2021. In it, he talks about his experiences of racism throughout his career and life and the possible strategies to tackle it.
Antonio Rudiger Net Worth
What is his wage?
The center-back signed the contract with Chelsea in 2017 , which gives the player a salary of 6 millions euros (5.2 millions pounds) annually. As per our estimations, he earns a salary of an average of EUR16,393 (PS14,086) each day. EUR683 (PS587) per hour!
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||17 Million Euro (15.3 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||12 Million Euro|
|Annual Salary||6 Million Euro (5.2 Million Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||EUR500,000 (PS434,783)|
|Per Week Salary||EUR115,385 (PS100,334)|
|Per Day Salary||EUR16,438 (PS14,294)|
|Per Hour Salary||EUR685 (PS595)|
|Per Minute Salary||EUR11 (PS10)|
|Market Value||$38.50 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$55.00 Million (Jun 13, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Chelsea’s salary is very expensive, and it’s not surprising that Rudy has earned a significant amount worth of cash in the past. He is estimated to have a net worth of around 17 million euros (15.3 Million pounds). He is likely to have a market value of approximately the amount that Chelsea paid when they signed the player. The current market value is about 35 Million Euros (32.3 million pounds).
- Rudiger was able to make his VfB Stuttgart II debut on 23 July 2011. He played in the 3. In the 3. Liga, Rudiger made his VfB Stuttgart II debut on 23 July 2011, against Arminia Bielefeld.
- Rudiger was made to make the Bundesliga debut with VfB Stuttgart in a match against Borussia Monchengladbach on January 29 2012. He was substituted with Raphael Holzhauser in the 79th minute of the 3-0 loss.
- On April 19th, 2013 Rudiger signed a contract extension with Stuttgart until June 2017. After being sent off in the 74th minute of the game, Rudiger was dismissed by Greuther Furth on May 4.
- Rudiger was at the end in the DFB Pokal on 1 June and lost 3-1 against Bayern Munich. In his second year with the team, he played 24 appearances. He also made 4 appearances and two goals for the reserves team.
- Red cards were issued at Rudiger in the hour 84 of a 3-3 drawn draw with Hamburger SV on 20 October 2013. Rudiger completed in 2013-14 with 35 matches, and 2 goals. Rudiger completed the 2014-15 season with only 20 appearances, and just one assist, due to injuries.
- On 19 August 2015 Serie A club Roma signed Rudiger on a loan of four years from Stuttgart. After the expiration of the contract of one year both clubs agreed to an additional fee for the transfer in the amount of EUR9 million.
- The player made debut during a 2-0 victory against Frosinone on the 12th of September. The first time he scored for Roma came in the fourth second of the 1-1 draw at home against Milan on the 9th January of 2016.
- During his loan season to Roma the club, he played in 37 games and scored two goals. The 30th of May was the day that Roma was officially signed by Rudiger in exchange for EUR9 million plus EUR0.5m bonus on a 4-year contract.
- In a 1-0 loss at home in the UEFA Europa League round of 32 Villareal during the Round of 32 in the UEFA Europa League on 23 February 2017 the player was dismissed with two yellow cards in the 81st minute an in-place appearance in place of Kostas Manolas.
- In a 3-1 defeat at home against Lazio on the 30th of April the player was dismissed with a red card during the 90th minute. Rudiger completed his second campaign at Roma with 34 appearances and four assists.
- On July 9, 2017 Rudiger was signed by Chelsea after a move to Roma with a price of PS29 million in a five-year agreement. He was assigned the number 2 shirt.
- The 2017 FA Community Shield, he made his debut in the 79th minute an alternative to Marcos Alonso in a 4-1 loss to penalties against Arsenal.
- A few days later the player took part in the Premier League debut against Burnley at Stamford Bridge, losing 3-2. His first Premier League goal came in the Premier League for Chelsea in the 16th round of the EFL Cup against Everton, and his first goal in the league was scored in a victory over Swansea City on 29 November 2017.
- Rudiger’s first goal of the season was scored on the 20th of October 2018 during a 2-2 draw against Manchester United.
- According to the media, Rudiger made a complaint regarding racial abuse in the away game in the away match against Tottenham Hotspur on 22 December 2019. A government-issued call to take action was followed. In spite of the inquiry, there was no evidence of the abuse of Rudiger was discovered.
- In the King Power Stadium on 1 February 2020 He scored two goals for Chelsea and both goals were with the help of Mason Mount, in a 2-3 draw against Leicester City.
- Rudiger was the first player to win the UEFA Champions League after Chelsea defeated Manchester City 1-0 in the final at the Estadio do Drago on 29 May 2021.
- Rudiger was able to represent Germany as well as Sierra Leone, his mother’s home, and played for numerous German National youth squads right up to the Germany U21 squad.
- After a draw of 0-0 with Poland on the 13th of May, 2014, Rudiger made his debut in the German national team’s senior team. While he was initially picked in Germany’s 23-man selection to play in UEFA Euro 2016, Rudiger was later exiled from the tournament due to breaking the ligament of anterior cruciate of his right knee in a training session on the 7th of June.
- Rudiger was a part of the German national team which took home at the 2017, FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia. In the competition, he took part in four games, including a 1-1 victory against Chile at the end of the tournament. The goal was his debut international goal during 5-1 victory against Azerbaijan at World Cup qualifying on 8 October, 2017.
- Rudiger was included in Germany’s final 23-man squad to play in this year’s FIFA World Cup on 4 June , 2018.
- He was chosen for the second game of the group stage against Sweden as the center-back of first choice Mats Hummels suffered an injury. Germany took the match 2-1.
- A few days later the player was not able to play in the last group stage game, and his team were defeated 2-0 by South Korea.
- On May 19, 2021 Rudiger has been selected as a member of Rudiger was selected for UEFA Euro 2020 squad. Germany were defeated by England during the round of 16 in the tournament because Rudiger was on the pitch each minute of the game for them.
Facts About Antonio Rudiger
- The journey to soccer began with the youth club VfB Sperber Neukolln. After 2 years with the club then he joined the junior team at SV Tasmania Berlin at the age of nine.
- In April 2013 the player signed a contract extension agreement with VfB Stuttgart which extended his time at the club until June 2017.
- He was issued his initial red card in his career the month of May in the Bundesliga clash in a match against Greuther Furth. The game ended with an 2-0 loss for his team.
- It was the year that Antonio Rudiger made his breakout season as he made a total of the team for 24 times. VfB Stuttgart. In his time Rudiger has also been a part of his first DFB Pokal final match against Bayern Munich, which resulted in a loss of 3-2 to his side.
- He was born in Neukolln which was a rough poor neighborhood in Berlin. It was the epicenter of crime throughout the capital city.
- He was a part of the academy at Borussia Dortmund in 2008. But, Rudiger was released by Borussia Dortmund after two and half years, as Borussia Dortmund’s management believed the player wasn’t performing as well as they thought.
- He signed with AS Roma on a season-long deal in August of. VfB Stuttgart agreed to pay an Italian club a loan amount that was EUR4 million.
- In January of 2016 He scored his debut score in the league of AS Roma in a match against AC Milan at home. The match ended in a draw.
- AS Roma made his stay permanent after the conclusion in the season 2015-16. German club received EUR9 million and promised a further half a million in bonus money.
- In his first season with AS Roma, he made 30 league appearances. In his time at AS Roma, he took part in 37 matches in all competitions.
- The English club Chelsea FC paid AS Roma an initial cost that was PS29 million to ensure his services. His services. Rudiger’s services. Rudiger has signed a contract for five years with the club.
- In October of 2017 He scored his first strike with Chelsea FC against Everton in the EFL Cup round of 16 matches. Chelsea took the win with a score of 2-1.
- In his first season at Chelsea He was able winning the FA Cup as his side beat Manchester United 1-0.
- He was named as a member of Joachim Low in the German 23-man team of the German squad for UEFA Euro 2016. However, his name was to be removed from the squad following the tearing of the ligament of anterior cruciate on his left knee in a workout in June of 2016.
- The goal was the first goal of his international career in the month of October 2017 during his World Cup qualifying match against Azerbaijan.
- The German team cruised to 5-1 victory in the game.
- Before the time he declared his loyalty to Germany He was also sought after by the Sierra Leone Football Association.
How old is Chelsea Rudiger?
29 years old
When did Rudiger join Chelsea?
Rudiger was signed by Chelsea after a stint at Roma in July of 2017 and went to claim the FA Cup, Europa League as well as the Champions League with the club.
Who was Rudiger play for prior to Chelsea?
Rudiger was born in Berlin, Rudiger spent time in the youth set-up of Borussia Dortmund before making the move to Stuttgart. Rudiger first made his Stuttgart debut in the 2012 match against Borussia Monchengladbach, at the age of 18 and made himself a regular in the first team during the 2013/14 season.
Is Rudiger a Nigerian?
Antonio Rudiger is a German professional footballer, who is a center-back with the Premier League club Chelsea and the German national team. His international debut was made for Germany in the month of March 2014.