A union of casino workers in Las Vegas is suing three strip properties, claiming that unionized workers are not properly protected from exposure to corona viruses at work.
Culinary Union Local 226, which represents approximately 60,000 housekeepers, cooks, bartenders, valets and other workers at casino resorts throughout Las Vegas, filed a lawsuit with the U.S. District Court in Las Vegas on Monday, in which an injunction under the Labor management is applied for a relationship law for dangerous working conditions.
The names of the lawsuit The signature at MGM Grand, Sadelles Cafe in the Bellagio and Guy Fieri Las Vegas kitchen and bar with Harrah as the accused.
According to the 29-page legal complaint 19 representatives of the Culinary Union or members of her family have died of complications related to Covid-19. The casinos in Nevada, including those in Las Vegas, were closed in mid-March to curb the spread of the dangerous corona virus. The properties reopened on June 4th.
The lawsuit accuses the three strip resorts of failing to take appropriate measures to protect employees. According to the legal complaint, workers had direct contact with unmasked guests and had to deal with a lack of staff that forced them to take on different roles.
Last week, Nevada governor Steve Sisolak issued an order Face masks and other face coverings must be worn by everyone in public, including players in the resorts of Las Vegas. Face masks were voluntary only for guests before Governor Sisolak’s order.
Workers want to work safely
Geoconda Argüello-Kline, secretary and treasurer of the Culinary Union, said Monday that union members “Wants to work, but she want to work safely” and they are “We will do everything we can to protect these workers, these families, and this community.”
The lawsuit does not directly quote Adolfo Fernandez, a 51-year-old utility company at Caesars Palace who died last week after the contract with Covid-19, but his daughter Irma Fernandez said her father said so deep fear about the dangerous virus after he returned to work and that he was really stressed.
The civil lawsuit states that the three properties “He recognized the crucial importance of wearing masks … by requiring your own employees to wear masks at all times.”, but despite “Overwhelming evidence of how important it is for guests in public areas of casinos and hotels to require facewear […] Accused, along with other casinos and hotels only in southern Nevada ‘encouraged’ Guests wear face masks. “
The lawsuit said that “This irresponsible act undoubtedly led to the spread of Covid-19. “ A court order is sought to force the defendants and other Las Vegas casino resorts to tighten security measures to better protect workers from illness.
Caesars Entertainment Corp. and MGM Resorts International, the companies that own the resorts mentioned in the lawsuit, were implemented last week universal mask guidelines All over their properties, face masks and covers are mandatory for everyone on their properties, including workers, guests, sellers, and passers-by.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news