Makar Sankranti It is one of the famous festivals in India. Usually, the festival is on January 14 and it falls on January 15 for leap years. Sankranti It is celebrated and worshiped by the Hindu god Surya (the sun) to enhance the harvest season with new crops for the following year. It is celebrated by different names in various parts of the country and also in other countries such as Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Singapore, Malaysia, etc.
Sankranti literally means the transition of the sun in the geographic location of Capricorn and it moves north. People wish the sun god good luck, health and prosperity. It is celebrated in a variety of forms, depending on cultural and ethos values, such as sharing sweets, sharing crops, colorful decorations, flying kites, bonfires, and feasting.
Various names of Sancranti across the country
Although this festival is celebrated throughout the country, it has different names depending on the region and includes:
- Sankranti, Makara Sankranti, Makara Sankramana, Uttarayana or Sankranti: Andra, Telangana
- Thai Pongal or Uzabar Tirunal: Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia
- Macara Sankranti or Macaravilaku and makara jyoti : Kerala
- Sugi Hava, Makara Sankramana, Makara Sankranti karnataka
- Makar Sankranti, Uttarayan or googuti: Uttarakhand
- Macara Sankranti or macaramella and makara chow : Odisha
- Macara Sankranti or Til Sankrant : Bihar
- Makar Sankranti, Magi Sankrant, haldi kumkum or Sankranti : Nepal Goa Maharashtra
- Hang Lai : Tripura
- Uttarayan: Gujarati
- Magi: Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab
- mag thickening or Borgali thickening: Assam
- Shishur Sankrat: Kashmir Valley
- Sakrat or Kitchidi: Uttar Pradesh and Western Bihar, Madhya Pradesh
- Push Sankranti: Bangladesh West Bengal
- Thila Sacrite: Mytila
- Trucks: Pakistan
Happy Sankranti wishes and greetings in Hindi, Telugu, Marathi and Kannada
Sankranti wishes in hindi
don’t talk to the ground in the open sky
live life don’t expect happiness
At least in every festival don’t forget us..
Wish Sankranti through message, not from phone.
Here are Sankranti Wishes in Telugu.
- Take sweet talk sweet talk…
- Makar Sankranti to you and
- Best wishes to your family!
Makar Sankranti makes a wish in Marathi
- sraatii sviyaa, Tweet Tweet Tweet Tweet Tweet…! I am doing this.
- kor hiiN anur prem ..
- milaasii b jaas sthaavaa, saathaa haa heN siimnaayaa, maal
Sankranti Wish Images, Gifs, Card Pictures
Check out and share Makar Sankranti, Bihu, Lohri, wish images.