Henna has gained a lot of popularity in recent times. It has lately been used to make henna tattoos all around the world. However, applying henna intricately is no less than an art form. It requires a lot of time, patience, and practice. Luckily, there are ways to hack around beautiful tattoos with the help of a henna stencil.
What is a Henna Stencil?
Henna stencil is an adhesive sticker that comes in a variety of designs. It sticks to your body and helps you create intricate henna designs with ease without any professional help. All you have to do is stick them to your skin (hands, feet, legs, wherever you wish to put your henna design), apply the henna mixture over it and let it dry. Once dry, peel of the tattoo to reveal the beautiful design.
Henna stencils come in a variety of styles. You can choose the one according to your taste. Here are the top styles available in stencils:
- Floral – These stencils are great for people who are a fan of traditional henna. However, you can find some fun, contemporary designs as well.
- Geometric – This is great for people who wish to create an actual tattoo-like appearance on their wrists, shoulders, or ankles. Geometric tattoos look fabulous at all times.
- Mandala – This is amazing for all brides-to-be, pregnant women who wish to create cool belly designs, and generally all mandala art lovers.
- Modern – If you want something fresh, minimalist, and modern, these designs are the way to go.
- Rings – Wish to create an intricate ring design? Get your hands on some ring stencils.
- Traditional – Henna is popular amongst South Asian brides. Traditional stencils make the henna application process easier for a bride-to-be.
- Custom Made – If you are very particular about the type of design you want, you can get it custom-made.
Benefits of Using Henna Stencil
Following are the benefits of using a henna stencil:
- Henna stencils are extremely easy to use. Anybody can make pro-level designs with the help of these stencils.
- They come in a variety of shapes and sizes. You can get a stencil for any part of your body; hands, feet, legs, belly, back, shoulders, and more.
- They are a much more affordable option when compared to getting your henna done by professional henna artists.
- Henna stencils allow you to create consistent results every single time.
- With the help of these stencils, you can use organic henna to create intricate designs that don’t harm your skin.
- You can get custom-made henna stickers to suit your style. You can even include your name, a certain animation; the sky is the limit here.
How to Create Henna Mixture for Henna Stencils?
Some people go with premade henna cones instead of a henna mixture, but we would advise against it. Firstly, most premade henna cones are loaded with chemicals and can harm your skin. Secondly, a henna mix is easier to apply over a stencil as compared to henna cones. Without further ado, let’s look at the items you will need to create your henna paste:
- A plastic bowl
- A Spatula
- A brush or spoon (for application)
- One pack of organic henna powder in a color of your choice (black, brown, and red tones look the best)
- hot water
How to Prepare Henna?
- In a bowl, add a few tablespoons of henna powder, depending on the amount you need.
- Add enough water to create a thick paste. Your paste needs to have a yogurt-like consistency.
- Mix well and cover the bowl with a lid or a plastic wrap.
- Leave it to sit overnight.
- In the morning, apply it to your body with the help of a henna stencil. (Detailed instructions are given below)
How to Use Henna Stencil?
Here is a step-by-step guide on using the henna stencil:
- Make sure your skin is clean. Wash it with soap and water and pat dry; make sure that there is no moisture on your skin.
- Stencils have a bit of adhesive, so your skin needs to be dry; otherwise, they will not stick to your skin.
- Carefully remove the henna tattoo protective coating from the stencils and paste it to your skin.
- Apply the henna paste to the stencil with the help of a brush or a spoon. Make sure to fill all the empty spaces of the stencil.
- Wait till the henna dries and peel off the stencil.
- When henna dries completely, peel off the stencil and wash the henna with the help of water.
Some Tips to Keep in Mind
- Always use organic henna. Never go for chemically loaded henna cones, as they can ruin your skin and cause an extreme allergic reaction.
- Take your time while applying the sticker to your hand. Make sure it sticks properly, and there are no empty spaces left.
- Always apply the henna stencil to clean, dry skin. A little bit of moisture will ruin your design.
We hope you found this article helpful! If you have any questions, leave them down in the comments section below, and we will get back to you shortly.