What exactly is Google Meet
Google has made enterprise-quality video conferencing available to all. Anyone with a Google Account can create an online meeting that can have at least 100 participants and hold meetings for up to 60 minutes for each meeting.
Schools, companies as well as other organizations can benefit from the latest capabilities such as meetings that can accommodate up to 500 outside or internal participants, and live streaming to as many as 100,000 people within a single domain.
Google Meet – How to record a meeting – VCFA
1. Start or join an online meeting. If you don’t have the link to join the conference, log on to hangouts.google.com and then begin the call by pressing “Video Join the Call.”
2. If you’re creating an entirely new meeting that doesn’t have an invitation list, you can invite your attendees through on the “People” button at the upper-right corner, then clicking “Add People,” and then entering your email address into the window that pops up.
3. Once you’re ready to begin the meeting Click three dots on the lower right corner of the screen.
4. Select “Record meeting.”
After that, you can simply sit back and wait for the recording to begin. Participants will receive a notice that the meeting is recorded, and another email at the time that recording ceases.
To stop recording, simply click the three dots and choose “Stop the recording.” It will take about 10 minutes or enough time for the recording to be created. When it’s done completed, the video will be uploaded to the participant’s Google Drive, in a folder titled “Meet recordings.”
The person who is organizing will also receive an email to let them know that the recording is completed with an online hyperlink for the recorded.
Video meetings can be recorded – Google Meet Help
You can record video conferences using these Google Workspace versions:
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Plus (Available for users who hold the “staff” or “student” permit)
- Learning and Teaching Learning Upgrade (Available for users who own the “Teaching and Learning Upgrade” license)
- Workspace Individual Subscriber
Who is able to record an event?
To record the meeting to record a meeting, an Google Workspace administrator must turn recording on in your Google Workspace account.
You may record if:
- You’re the organizer of the meeting.
- You’re part of the same group as the organizer.
Google Workspace for Education accounts:
education Fundamentals and Education Standard accounts:Teachers/staff or students are able to record meetings they hold.
Accounts for Teaching and Learning Update:Anyone within the same group as the organizer of the meeting can take notes of the meeting.
Education Plus Students or teachers can take notes of the meetings they host as well as meetings that are planned by a person in their organization.
Tips: You can’t record an event if you are just to give a presentation. You must begin by joining the video conference and then begin your presentation then take a recording.
What’s recorded during a video-based meeting
It is important to note:Before the presentation you make using Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides Join the meeting to see whether it’s being recorded.
Recordings are made of the presenter as well as anything else that’s being included in the presentation. The recordings are saved to the meeting organizer’s Meet Recordings folder in My Drive. A message with the recording URL will be sent out to both the organizer of the meeting and to the person who initiated the recording. The link is then added in the Calendar event.
Notifications or other windows don’t get included in the. Pining a person won’t change the person who appears in the video.
They are notified whenever recordings begin or stop however they aren’t able to control the recording.
- Outsiders to your organisation
- Mobile app users
- Dialing in with the phone
If a person turns on live captions while recording, captions won’t appear on the recording and won’t appear as you open the recorded.
Very Important If meetings have been recorded,, the chat log is also recorded.
What portion of the Meet conversation is it recorded?
Chats are recorded throughout the video.
Where can the Meet Chat saved?
Chats are saved in a .SBV file on the organizer’s Drive.
What is the best way to play the transcript?
The playback of transcripts is dependent on the media player you are using. Chat messages are shown in subtitles after downloading files from a media player, like VLC.
When it is appropriate to take notes of meetings
Recording meetings can be helpful in the event that you wish to look back on the meeting in the future, or to share it with others who were unable to be able to attend. For instance:
- Team presentations are available to download for new employees and students
- Conferencing presentations you would like to share with others later
- Training sessions in virtual form that you can access on demand
Recordings can be stopped and started.
Note: recording is accessible via Meet on computers. Users of mobile apps are informed when recording starts or ends, but aren’t able to manage the recording.
Meetings are recorded for a maximum of 8 hours. After 8 hours the meeting will end recording.
In Google Drive
Recordings are saved to the coordinator’s My Drive/Meeting Recordings Folder. If the meeting organizer changes, or if the meeting takes place outside the planned Calendar time the recording link will be given to the person who created the original event.
An email with a recording link will be sent out to both the organizer of the meeting and to the person who started the recording.
- Within the mailer, simply click on the link and then wait for the video to play.
- Choose the option you want to use:
Tips: You can also duplicate and share a hyperlink.
Download the files, simply click Download
To save the recording in the current folder Select”Add to My Drive