Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz (American Spanish born on January 24, 1987) is a Uruguayan professional footballer, who plays as striker at Spanish team Atletico Madrid as well as the Uruguay National team. He is known for his speed ability, his finishing skills and his comfort with the ball, he’s considered to be one of the greatest footballers of this generation and among the top strikers ever. Suarez has won 19 important trophies throughout his career as well as seven league titles as well as a UEFA Champions League at club level, in addition to winning the 2010 Copa America with Uruguay. Suarez has won two European Golden Shoes, an Eredivisie Golden Boot, a Premier League Golden Boot, and the Pichichi Trophy. Suarez has scored more than 500 goals in his career for clubs and for his country.
The nickname is El Pistolero (‘The Gunman’), Suarez began his senior career at Nacional at the age of 5 in. At the age of 19 he was signed by Groningen after which he transferred into Ajax after 2007. There, he won the KNVB Cup. In the year 2011, Suarez signed for Premier League club Liverpool and was awarded his first League Cup in his first full season. In 2014, he matched the record for goals scored in the 38-game Premier League season and won his first European Golden Shoe. In the summer of 2014, Suarez moved to Barcelona for a deal valued at EUR82.3 millions (PS64.98 million) which makes Suarez among the most expensive footballers in the history of football.
In his debut season, he was awarded the continental treble of La Liga, the Copa del Rey and the UEFA Champions League with Barcelona. In the second season, Suarez won the Pichichi Trophy and his second European Golden Shoe, becoming the first player since 2009 to be awarded both of these awards, excluding Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. Suarez also was the top player in La Liga in assists, becoming the first player to achieve this feat in goals and assists in the history of the league. While at Barcelona the club, he was awarded another ten trophies, which included three La Liga titles and three Copas del Rey. He joined Atletico Madrid in 2020, taking home five times the La Liga title on his debut season.
At the international level, Suarez is Uruguay’s all-time top goalscorer. He has represented Uruguay at three times the FIFA World Cup and four seasons of the Copa America, as well as the 2012 Summer Olympics and the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.
Suarez has been the subject for controversy through his playing career. In addition to Suarez’s goal-line handball in Ghana during the 2010 FIFA World Cup, he has also attacked opponents three times. Suarez was also accused of and confessed to diving. In 2011 the FA found Suarez guilty of racism abuse Patrice Evra.
Suarez is a native of Salto, Uruguay to Sandra Diaz and Rodolfo Suarez who are the fourth of seven brothers. Suarez’s older sibling, Paolo Suarez, is a retired professional soccer player, who played last in the club of Isidro Metapan and Isidro Metapan in El Salvador.
Suarez relocated with his family to Montevideo at the age of seven and his parents divorced when he turned nine. In Montevideo where he honed his soccer skills on the streets. He also took on the role of street sweeper by the age of fifteen. The difference between his life as a player in Europe and the poverty that he left behind has been suggested as the reason for his frequent violence on the field and also an reason for the less lenient attitude towards people in the Uruguayan public and the media towards the cases of such, when compared with Europe. Apart from his native language, Suarez is able to communicate in Dutch as well as English.
Mural of Suarez at the former campus of his school located in Montevideo, Uruguay
Suarez was born of two races, and public records showing that he has a black father. The issue of ethnicity was brought up in the reporting of Patrice Evra. Patrice Evra incident. The Suarez’s grandmother, Lila Piriz, of “mi negrito” as a term has been suggested to explain the Suarez’s frequent usage to refer to “negro” over the two-minute incident; however, the FA considered his account to be not reliable, and issued Suarez an eight-match ban. His mother also agreed with the assertion Suarez used to say that the term was not racist in Uruguay. She stated that this is “normal”, and that it was “a term that people often use to refer to their friends. It’s the same as saying someone is fat, thin or anything else.”
Suarez started dating Sofia Balbi at age 15 in Montevideo The Balbi family relocated from Uruguay to Barcelona in 2003. Suarez’s passion for football grew because Suarez decided to move to Europe to be a part of Sofia again. Suarez got married to Sofia in 2009 and the couple has one daughter named Delfina (born in 2010) as well as two boys named Benjamin (born 2013,) as well as Lauti (born in 2018). The name of his daughter is Delfina and is an anagram for Anfield the home which he used to play for his old club, Liverpool FC. He has a tattoo depicting Delfina, his name for his daughter. Delfina across his wrist that is kissed during his goal celebration . This ritual is featured on EA Sports’ video game FIFA 15 as “Kiss The Wrist”. Suarez joined Barcelona in 2014. Suarez moved to Barcelona, so that he could live close to Sofia’s family. While he was moving, Suarez said, ” did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife’s family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.” This year, Suarez published his autobiography Crossing the Line – My Life. Suarez has a wife who is an Italian citizen and flew into Perugia in September of 2020 to take an B1 Italian exam in order to obtain Italian citizenship.
The style of the game
Suarez playing for Liverpool faces Sylvain Distin from Everton in the Merseyside Derby in 2012.
Suarez can create scoring opportunities by his powerful shot and is a player with “remarkable technical ability” according to his FIFA profile. He is well-known for his quick and direct runs at players Suarez has a special tendency to numb players (putting the ball between his legs). Liverpool supporters (accompanied by an ad) were once quoted as saying that Suarez was so talented, “he could nutmeg a mermaid”. A lot of people consider him one of the top strikers ever, Suarez is a prolific goalscorer. He has the rare privilege of being the highest scoring player in three top-flight European leagues. This feat is that is only equalled with Ruud van Nistelrooy or Cristiano Ronaldo. A skilled finisher with either foot, and despite his natural tendency to be right-footed he’s capable of scoring both outside and inside the penalty zone.
Harry Redknapp said that Suarez could be anywhere, whether as a target player or in the back as a second striker. Uruguay director of football Oscar Tabarez called Suarez “a great forward, an elite player among forwards in the world” as well as Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish said, “he’s intelligent, he’s had a fantastic education at Ajax”. The former Liverpool forward John Aldridge said his abilities enable him to be in an ideal position to score goals and avoid the defenders. Additionally, Thierry Henry called Suarez the best striker in world, and said, “He has everything. He’s in your face, he’s arrogant- in a good way, he can volley it, he can score headers. He has vicious side to his game and I will not call it cheating. He knows how to score goals.”
Suarez has been acknowledged for his speed of work and movement as well as his ability to strike from outside. As such, he sometimes was a winger inverted at the right flank in his time at Ajax. In addition, Suarez is fond of performing Dummies (going through defenders by using fake-outs) in his dribbling style. In his time at Barcelona Suarez was famous for scoring half-volleys or volleys. Suarez earned a name for his acrobatic goals and shooting off balance, in air, or using over-the-top bicycle strikes. Additionally, he’s proficient at taking free kicks and is also recognized for his willingness to accept penalties.
Suarez also creates a lot of scoring chances for the players thanks to his vision and excellent ability to pass, which is evidenced by his number of assists, some of the top in statistics’ recorded time. The former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, lauded Suarez’s selfless style of play in his autobiography. He said Suarez’s character is “It’s a rare combination, to be a miraculous footballer who is willing to use his gifts to selflessly assist and create goals for a teammate” in addition as writing “He is a goal scorer. He is the one who creates goals. He’s tough and difficult to beat. You’re likely to beating the best players on the planet when you have Luis Suarez in your team”.
Apart from being a formidable player, Suarez has often been recognized for his strong character and determination to be successful. The former Liverpool teammate Jordan Henderson dubbed Suarez as an “warrior”, claiming that his character boosted confidence in his team. In the meantime, Gerrard eulogized his drive to achieve success, saying “Luis played to win a five-a-side training session like he was chasing the Champions League or the World Cup. If his team lost a kickaround he went home angry; he always needed to win that badly”. Atletico Madrid coach, Diego Simeone has praised Suarez for his “desire and energy” he brought to the club. Suarez himself has declared that he’s kind of player who’d “kill himself just to prevent a throw-in at the 90th minute.” In his autobiography.
The former Ajax head coach Marco van Basten criticised Suarez for his tendency to get yellow cards. Van Basten said he had tensions with Suarez but he admitted the fact that “Luis is unpredictable, he’s hard to influence but that makes him special.” Sometimes, Suarez can be dominant but fail to turn the efforts he puts into goals. Even with his shortcomings Suarez’s leadership style stood out against Ajax management.
|Birth Name||Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz|
|Nick Name||* El Pistolero * Mi Negrito * The Cannibal|
|Age||35 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Birth Place||Salto, Uruguay|
|Date of Birth||24 January 1987|
|Residence||Castelldefels, Spain (ES)|
|Hobbies||Listening to music.|
|Mother’s Name||Sandra Suarez Luis Suarez Childhood Photo With His Mother And Brother|
|Father’s Name||Rodolfo Suarez Luis Suarez Childhood Photo With His Father|
|Brothers||* Paolo Suarez * Facundo Suarez * Maximiliano Suarez * Diego Suarez|
|Marital Status, Wife and Children|
|Wife/Spouse||Sofia Balbi Luis Suarez With His Wife And Children|
|Marriage Date||12 May 2010|
|Children||Daughters-Delfina Suarez Sons-Benjamin Suarez|
|School||Orchard View High School|
|College/University||Muskegon Community College|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Uruguayan Professional Footballer|
|Brands Endorsed||* Adidas * Abitab * Antel * Beats * Cablevision * Garnier * Pepsi|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
|Debut International||In May 2005 against Junior de Barranquilla|
|Coach/Mentor||Luis Enrique (2015)|
|Recordings (main ones)||* In 2010, he became the top goal scorer in KNVB cup, scoring the score of 35 in 33 games. * In the 2010-11 season, He recorded his 100th Ajax goal. *In February of 2012, he won the football league cup with the club. “In April of 2014,, he was awarded PFA Player of the Year as well as FWA soccer player of the Year. * He was awarded the his first league’s golden boot. “With 45 goals over the 84 matches played by Uruguay He is the all-time record scorer for Uruguay’s national team. * In 2011 Copa America he scored 4 goals for Uruguay’s Copa America win, he was named the Player of the Tournament. * In October, 2015, He was able to score his 300th point for the club and his country. * Suarez has been awarded the Pichichi trophy and the second European Golden Shoe, in which he became the only footballer since 2009 to take home both of these awards following Messi as well as Ronaldo. * Suarez is considered to be one of the top strikers in the world.|
|Career Turning Point||In 2010 during the Ajax victory, he was the best scorer in the league as he was able to score 35 goals across 33 games|
|Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm in meters 1.82 in meters- 1.82 In Feet Inches- 6′ in Feet Inches- 6″|
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 81 kg in Pounds- 179 lbs|
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
|Extra Ordinary Features|
|Race / Ethnicity||Uruguayan|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10 (U.S.)|
|Favourite Actor||Leonardo Dicaprio|
|Favourite Food||Chicken Wings, Salad|
|Controversies||* In 2010 he was featured in the news for biting Dutch player Otman Bakkal. In 2013, he also was a victim of Branislav Ivanovic. Ivanovic is a Serbian player. In 2014, he bit another serbian. the italian footballer Giorgio Chiellini.|
Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz was born on the 24th of January, 1987, in Salto, Uruguay, to Rodolfo and Sandra Suarez. Luis was the son of a porter who came from an unprosperous mixed background with African ancestral roots. At the age of seven, Luis Suarez was seven years old, his family relocated to Montevideo to find work.
There are seven of his siblings. Professional footballer Paolo Suarez, of Guatemala’s National Football League is also his older brother. Their early years were marked by poverty and soccer boots were expensive to purchase. However, Luis continued to play the sport he started in the streets.
The mother of Suarez introduced him to prestigious soccer team Urreta in Montevideo which enticed Suarez to keep an eye on the game. In his first game as substitute, Suarez scored a hat-trick and, from then on Suarez started to be recognized as a top player.
Wilson Pirez, a scout for the Nacional youth team, spotted Pirez at nine, while he played for Urreta. In his teens the father of his child walked out on the family and left his mother and grandmother to take care of the two brothers independently. At the time, Suarez was preparing for an opportunity to work for Nacional.
The academics and football were not the most important thing to his initially. However, the fact the need to make a living and his family’s circumstances prompted him to play the game. He was an unruly teenager who was prone to drinking when he was a teenager, but things changed when he met Sofia Balbi at the age of 15. She has had an influence in his life, and is currently his wife.
When he was a kid was he faced a challenging life, and was not a good company, which could explain his insecurity when playing. That’s why on the day his first meeting with the woman whom he ultimately married, that may also be the reason behind his behavior in the game. After having spent the time Sofia Balbi as a child He got married in 2009. Their son is as well as a daughter who is named Benjamin as well as Delfina. Her determination and sobering influence has ever been his spouse.
Luis Suarez Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$70 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$55 million|
|Annual Salary||$20 Million|
|Income Source||Uruguayan Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||* BMW * Range Rover * Ferrari * Mercedes Benz|
His reputation being one of the most effective strikers on the planet is what makes him a superstar worth one million dollars. Suarez is estimated to have a Net worth in excess of 70 million dollars.
Luis Suarez’s net worth grown by 33% in the past couple of years. His increasing fame and impressive performances were the main factors in the rise in his wealth. Suarez lives in Montevideo, Uruguay. The luxurious home he bought in 2014 was worth $30 million. Around $3.2 million would be the estimate of the value of his home.
In his entire career, Suarez has earned an astonishing $17.3 million in income. The amount he earns from the football player’s career risen continuously because Suarez’s growth has been phenomenal. The year 2014 earned him $4.4 million, and the year 2015 was $7.3 million. The pay he earned in the year 2016 was $12. 2 million.
Luis Suarez earned $27 million between June 2019 and June 2020. out of which, $20 million came from salary. $7 million was endorsements.
- His first game as a professional took place with Copa Libertadores for the Nacional youth team. An impressive overhead kick from Suarez earned him his first goal at the senior level despite a loss of 3-2.
- His time with Nacional included 34 appearances as well as 12 goals. He played a key role in their success in their first Uruguayan League in 2005-2006 as their primary striker.
- He participated with 2007 in the United States and Canada in the U-20 World Cup, which is also known by the name of World Cup of U20 football. The USA won the event however Argentina was second place. The experience of playing professional soccer on the international stage helped Suarez to understand the dynamics of football.
- Ajax as well as Groningen club football offered contracts with professional teams following his participation in the U20 World Cup. The year 2013 was the time Ajax purchased him at 7.5 million Euros after he had joined Groningen for a brief period.
- Luis Suarez scored 111 goals in 159 matches during his contract for five years for Ajax and was awarded the Ajax’s Dutch Footballer of the Year in his debut season.
- The next season, Luis Suarez became one Liverpool FC’s most expensive players after signing the club for 22.8 millions Euros. Luis Suarez won the ‘Golden Boot for himself and for his team’s success in winning the Champions League. Additionally Luis Suarez was named”Player of the Year” by the PFA as well as the Footballer of Year by the FWA.
- Due to Luis his desire in order to spend more time with his wife resigned from Liverpool to join at Barcelona FC. Messi as well as Neymar are their other primary strikers. The club won the prestigious continental trio comprising La Liga, Copa dal Rey along with the UEFA Champions League for the second time following his joining.
- As Uruguay was fourth in the 2009 FIFA World Cup, Suarez was a major player. In this year’s Copa America, he helped to win the title of the player in the Tournament for Uruguay’s national team. This broke records.
- A hat-trick in Chile was the best way to earn scores for his national side during the 2012 Olympic Games.
- The goal he scored to defeat Spain in Uruguay’s opening match in the 2013 Confederations Cup made him the most popular player in Uruguay.
- This year, Luis Suarez scored his 40th international goal for the nation during his participation in the FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
- The 11th of August in 2015, Suarez opened the 2015-16 season with goals and assists in Barcelona’s 5-4 overtime win against Sevilla at the UEFA Super Cup. His efforts helped him earn a place as one of the three finalist for awarding the UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.
- Sergi Roberto was a partner for Suarez, assisting him with an assist on a backheel in the 2-0 win away against Getafe on October 31. The day after Suarez scored his 300th career senior goal, which was the eleventh goal of the campaign. The 21st was November 21st. Luis Suarez scored twice in Barcelona’s victory 4-0 against Real Madrid.
- Suarez has scored 4 goals during the seven-0 Copa del Rey win over Valencia on the 3rd of February in 2016. In the second game in Barcelona’s Champions League round of 16 games against Arsenal on the 16th of March the striker scored an amazing goal.
- His two goals earned Barcelona an 2-1 victory against Atletico Madrid during their first phase of the quarter-finals however, Barcelona fell short in the second match in the quarter-finals and then was eliminated tournament.
- The day that ended the 15-16 La Liga season, Suarez scored a hat-trick during the 3-0 victory over Granada and secured another consecutive Spanish title for Barca and scoring 40 league goals during the season to earn the club’s premier Pichichi Trophy and a second European Golden Shoe.
- Barcelona’s Supercopa de Espa*a first leg game against Sevilla where Barcelona beat Sevilla by 2-0, was the first Suarez goal of his 2016-17 campaign. Suarez had a three-goal hat trick Barcelona’s 6-2 win over Real Betis in the opening game of the 2016-17 La Liga season. This was his first free-kick goal for Barcelona. Barcelona was beaten 2-1 by Alaves during Suarez’s 100th game.
- In his first 100 matches with Barcelona, Luis Suarez had 43 assists and 88 goals which was greater than Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi combined. Ronaldo scored with 95 assists and 29 goals and Messi scored 14 assists and 41 goals in his first 100 matches.
- Uruguay manager Tabarez Tabarez has named Uruguay manager Luis Suarez in the final 23-man roster of the 2019 Copa America in Brazil in March 2019. In the first game in the competition, the Uruguayan team defeated Ecuador 4-1 in the first game I scored. I also assisted in Nicolas Lodeiro’s first goal.
- With his goal on the 8th of October, 2020, Suarez became the first player to score the goal that opened the game three times during the history of competition (following goals scored in the years 2010 and 2014). Because of his brace in the match against Ecuador on October 14 Suarez was able to surpass Brazil’s Ronaldo in the top spot of goal-scoring South American players during competitive international games.
- As Uruguay’s second match in the group phase for the 2021 Copa America in Brazil approaches, Suarez scores in a 1-1 draw against Chile. Despite a goalless draw Uruguay fell on penalties to Colombia during the quarterfinals.
Facts About Luis Suarez
- Does Luis Suarez smoke? : Not Known
- Does Luis Suarez drink alcohol? : Yes
- The nickname “Mi Negrito was a nickname he got from his grandmother was a phrase that his grandmother used in order to refer him to as a small black boy.
- The older sister of Luis Suarez, Paolo Suarez is also a professional soccer player.
- Luis Suarez was poor in his youth. He was the one to clean streets.
- The first goal was scored in September 2005.
- His transfer between Liverpool and then Barcelona the year 2014 to the sum of 65 millions dollars was the world’s most expensive player to ever play the sport.
- Many Dutch as well as Italian players were at risk of being bitten by the player.
- Uruguayan Uruguayan is a goal scorer in 45 of 84 games and is the top goal-scorer of Uruguayan history.
- Apart from the Pichichi trophy, this Uruguayan star also received the Premier League Golden Boot.
- He was awarded”Player of the Tournament” in 2011, the Copa American tournament.
- He published his own autobiography under the under the title “Crossing the line-My story” in the year 2014.
Which is Luis Suarez known for?
Being one of the most renowned talents from his native country of Uruguay He has a unique spot in the history of Uruguay. In the past of the teams of Groningen province merger from Nacional with FC Groningen, which cost 1.5 million Euros was the most expensive purchase of its kind ever.
What is the full name of Suarez?
Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz
Does Luis Suarez speak English?
In his Football match together with Henderson and Coates It is possible to hear him talking in English. The act of yelling obscenities words at a ref not require any linguistic expertise.
Which club has Luis Suarez now?
Uruguay national team for football and Atletico Madrid
Has Luis Suarez won the Champions League?
Suarez is regarded by many as being among the top strikers of his generation , and among the top of his generation ever Suarez has collected a total of 19 prizes throughout his career and has won seven league titles, as well as the Champions League title for his club, as in winning the Copa America with Uruguay.