Acid rain-When the amount of sulfur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) in the atmosphere increases, they dissolve in rainwater into sulfuric acid (Sulfuric acid-H2,SO4.) and nitric acid (Nitric acid-HNO3, respectively). ) becomes.
When this acid water reaches the earth in the form of rain, it is called acid rain. Acid rain can have the following harmful effects-
- It makes the soil acidic, which leads to its fertility.
- Many aquatic animals and plants die due to the acidification of water in reservoirs.
- Acid rain is one of the reasons for the destruction of forests.
- Acidification of drinking water can have a profound effect on human health.
- Due to acid rain, objects made of metal and wood, buildings, statues, historical objects etc. corrode or get destroyed by chemical reaction.
Global Warming (Greenhouse Effect)
Global warming or the greenhouse effect is happening due to the high amount of gases like carbon dioxide, methane and ammonia in the air. CO2, present in excess quantity, forms a cover around the earth, which is affected by sunlight on the earth. Prevents the incoming heat from going back into space. As a result, the temperature of the earth is gradually increasing.
Due to the increase in the temperature of the earth, there is a danger of melting of ice in our glaciers and poles and rising sea level. If this happens, then many terrestrial parts of our earth will be submerged in water. This whole process is called the greenhouse effect.
this article”Why does acid rain occur? Meaning of acid rain rain (About acid rain meaning in hindi)“Thank you so much for reading I hope. That you must have got to know a lot new from this article.